Brooklyn Nine-Nine is an American police sitcom set in Brooklyn and airing on Fox.
The show has earned praise from the LGBT community for its low-key portrayal of Captain Ray Holt (Andre Braugher) as an African-American gay man in an interracial same-sex marriage to a white professor at Columbia University, and for its portrayal of diversity in general. (Of the 7 lead characters, only two are white men, and one of those is Jewish.)
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- On Gay Issues, Brooklyn Nine-Nine Shines
- The Quiet, Progressive Nature of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Unexpectedly Progressive Comedy
If this is your first time commenting here, please read our Comment Policy. The main points:
- No deliberately malicious, abusive, or hateful comments, including but not limited to homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, acephobia, racism, misogyny, outing, doxing, or personal attacks.
- Include a trigger warning at the top of your comment if you are discussing potentially triggering topics such as gay bashing, rape, or suicide.