Sense8 is a science fiction television series that premiered on Netflix in 2015.
Created by transgender writers, directors, and producers Lana and Lilly Wachowski, Sense8 has excellent LGBT representation. The main cast include two LGBT characters: Lito Rodriguez (Miguel Ángel Silvestre), a closeted actor of Basque background living in Mexico City with his boyfriend Hernando (Alfonso Herrera), and Nomi Marks, a trans woman hacktivist and blogger living in San Francisco with her girlfriend Amanita (Freema Agyeman). Jamie Clayton, who plays Nomi, is a transgender actress.
- Lito: Our first kiss was over there... in the bathroom. It was for me a religious experience. I went to my knees, and took him into my mouth like I was taking Holy Communion.
- “Sense8” star Jamie Clayton talks trans representation, Nomanita and LGBT leads
- How Sense8 Quietly Became the Best LGBTQIA Representation on TV
- Here's the Best Queer Scene in Sense8
If this is your first time commenting here, please read our Comment Policy. The main points:
- No deliberately malicious, abusive, or hateful comments, including but not limited to homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, acephobia, racism, misogyny, outing, doxing, or personal attacks.
- Include a trigger warning at the top of your comment if you are discussing potentially triggering topics such as gay bashing, rape, or suicide.